Bid security in the form of a bid
bond, certified check, treasurer's or cashier's check, payable to the Town of
The instructions to bidders, Form of General Bid, Contract, Specifications, and other Contract Documents may be examined, obtained or mailed from the Town Administrator's Office from to on Monday, to 4:OOP.M.Tuesday through Thursday, and to Friday. To request mailing, call (508) 430-7513.
All bids for this project are
subject to applicable bidding laws of
The bid is subject to Town
Meeting approval (May 2010). Float system shall be delivered
ALLEN HARBOR TOWN LANDING
Response due: April 22, 2010
To: Town of Harwich c/o
Saquatucket Harbor Municipal Marina
P.O. Box 207
Harwich Port, MA 02645
The Town of Harwich is seeking bids for the demolition, disposal and replacement of the existing floating dock system at the Town Landing at Allen Harbor. This bid is subject to approval by Harwich Town Meeting article May 15, 2010.
1. Build and deliver and install 30 small floats (1600 sq ft) that make up the
Allen Harbor Town Docks as per specs and pricing
Remove for disposal the 30 existing floats.
Take all demolished material to the Transfer Station or alternative incineration plant.
Bidder must currently be in the business of building and delivering docks and floats of this type.
A minimum of ten (10) years for structural warranty with a minimum of five (5) years on floatation cells.
ALLEN HARBOR TOWN LANDING
1. Scope of Work: Work under this section shall consist of the furnishing of all materials, labor, equipment and appurtenances and constructing and installing of the replacement of thirty (30) floating docks as shown on the plan and as specified herein and represents approximately 1,600 square feet of deck. Proposals for alternative material floats such as aluminum will be considered if they meet the size and configuration of the proposed system and their quality and performance will be equal to the specified wood and Azec@ Correct Dock@ construction.
2. Work included: The work includes the construction of 30 replacement floats and the installation of same at the Allen Harbor Town Landing.
(a) Timber: All treated timber for float framing shall be PT southern yellow pine, certified, and shall be graded at not less than 1200 psi. Timber shall be treated with chromate copper arsenate (CCA). This pressure treatment shall be to a 0.4 lbs per cubic foot retention. All timber shall be square four sides and shall be sound, well seasoned and straight grained free from shakes and large or loose knots and shall have no decayed wood, worm holes or any defects.
Float decking shall be Azec@ decking 5.5” x 1.125” or Correct Dock@ equivalent and the color of decking shall be gray.
(b) Galvanized Hardware:
All bolts, nuts, shackles, chain and washers shall be in accordance with
All standard hardware and
fabricated hardware shall be zinc coated with 2 oz. per square foot of pure
virgin spelter in accordance with the requirements of
(c) Brackets and Connections: (see item 5)
(d) Flotation cells: such as Poly Flange@ polyethylene dock floats (or equivalent) foam filled (polystyrene) “tanks” 36” x 48” x 12” such as the Easymount Flange Fastening System@ and a 10-year warranty. Tanks must pass Hunt Absorption Test.
(e) Plastic Pipe Rollers: Poly Vinyl Chloride chain rollers shall be Schedule 40 and 2 inches long. The number required shall be dictated by the chain length (approx 36”). The chain and shackles shall be 3/8” Galvanized
4. Floats: Treated timber shall be carefully handled without dropping, breaking of outer fibers or penetrating the surface with tools. The contractor shall keep available the preservatives and equipment for brush coating all treated timber that has been cut or bored for fastenings. Preservatives shall be the same grade and concentration used at the plant.
Washers shall be used under all nuts and bolt heads as well as lag screw heads which come in contact with treated timber.
The floats will be constructed in accordance with the plan and these specifications. The contractor shall drill all necessary holes to prevent splitting and fastening all timber, steel and related parts as shown by the plan.
Stainless steel square drive trim head salt water safe screws type 316 Stainless Steel - #1 Square Drive length 3”. Joist frames shall be held by galvanized nails and installed in accordance with the sizes recommended by appendix M of the State Building Code (780 CMR).
5. Brackets & connections: Frames shall be held together in corners using L-shaped connection brackets inside and out. Floats shall be connected with one another with four (4) connectors two per each end of the float and or two (2) along the side of the main float as required. The following specifications shall apply:
All metal parts where not specified shall be of 1/4" galvanized steel minimum
1/2" ears on female connectors
3/4" ears on male connectors
3/4" pin to connect
6. Pile Connection: Pile connections shall be made as shown after the float system has been installed and positioned.
7. Disposal: Contractor will be responsible for demolishing/disposal of existing floats and clean-up of site.
The bid is subject to Town
Meeting approval (May 2010). Float system shall be delivered and installed
Bid security in the form of a bid bond, certified check, treasurer's or cashier's check, payable to the Town of Harwich, is required in a dollar amount of five (5) percent of the bid amount.
Harwich Harbormaster Department
ALLEN HARBOR FLOAT SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
For ease of reviewing prices, the following three pages must be filled out in their entirety and submitted at the front of bid package. If these pages are not complete, the bid will automatically be rejected.
Total Delivered Price per Specification $______________________
Demolition/Disposal of existing floating system: $_______________________
Total Price $_______________________
Delivery Lead Time:
Note: Delivery lead time shall be stated in calendar days.
Any inquiries regarding bid may be made to:
Phone Number: 508-430-7532
Authorization Signature of Bidder Company Name
Typed Name Street Address
Title City, State, Zip
Dated Phone Number
CERTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE
M.G.L. Chapter 62C, Section 49A
Pursuant to Section 49A of Chapter 62C of the General Laws of Massachusetts, I hereby certify that I have complied with all Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts relating to taxes.
This statement is made under the pains and penalties of perjury this day of , .
Printed Name of Individual or Corporation:
Name and Title of Corporate Officer (if applicable):
Signature of Individual or Corporate Officer:
Social Security or Federal Identification Number:
CERTIFICATION OF NON-COLLUSION
The undersigned certifies under the penalties of perjury that this bid or proposal has been made and submitted in good faith and without collusion or fraud with any other person. As used in this certification, the work “person” shall mean any natural person, business, partnership, corporation, union, committee, club, or other organization, entity, or group of individuals.
Date: Name of Business:
Please File Form W-9 with this request.